Thursday, June 16, 2016

Everything is AWESOME

It's been almost a full two weeks of working with Linden Tree, and I just have to say, I LOVE MY LIFE. 

Here is a picture of me, loving life. 

This isn't to say it hasn't been difficult--actually, the last couple weeks have been REAL hard. The transition alone has pretty much wiped out all emotional energy. I have yet to find my new day-to-day rhythm and am struggling without a sense of consistency. I thrive on structure, so having close to none at this point has produced a fair share of freak outs. I am pretty far from being funded and am learning to look at my circumstances from the perspective of Heaven, instead of what I see in my bank account. This is a whole new level of trust and dependence that is requiring every day to begin on my face-- completely surrendering everything I have and don't have back over to Jesus again. Moment by moment I am having to ask Him, "Okay Lord, what do you have for me right now?" It isn't even an option anymore--I actually can't live without Him. 

And it's the absolute best. I'm quickly becoming convinced that no matter what the Lord has called us to, we are to live it in such a way that requires deep dependence on our Creator and relentless obedience in everything. I see my heart as having lots of little thrones, with Jesus sitting on some of them, but not yet all. I don't think I even realized (and probably still don't realize) how many places in heart I had refused to let Him sit on the throne and have complete control. But I'm learning, throne by throne, to give up control to the One who has my best intentions in mind and is actually a much better ruler than I am. And I'm telling you people, there is a closeness with God and a joy unshakable produced in the surrender that is simply unbeatable. I highly recommend it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment