Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Big Blue House


I live two blocks from this big blue house, and every day I walk past it I am reminded of how good the Lord is...


You see, I used to live in that house. For a period of time during college 20 students moved in to experience the city and try out the real working world. 

It was the worst. Ask anyone in the house and they will all tell you this was a baaddddd semester for me. The program was wonderful, my internship was wonderful, the people were wonderful. It was the city I hated. It had such a dark, lonely, isolating feel to it that I just couldn't handle. I was depressed and lost my sense of purpose and worth. When my parents finally came to pick me up, I told them to drive as fast as they could away from this place and if they ever had any desire to return to San Francisco...well they could just forget it because NONE of us were ever going back. 

Where am I now? Two blocks away. Same neighborhood. Same city. The exact SPOT I promised to never return to.

...and there is no where I'd rather be! The city still feels dark, isolating and lonely at times, but the Lord has radically changed me for the purpose of His renewing work in San Francisco. I LOVE this city! He has replaced the purposelessness I once felt here with incredible purpose and passion--all I want to do is share the wellspring of Life He has given me with everyone I meet!  

I heard someone say once,  "those who He calls He equips." I'm literally dumbfounded at all the ways He has equipped me to be here. He has provided EVERYTHING (even changed my heart to want to be here!) and I have a million testimonies of His faithfulness to carry as promises because of it. What a good God!

p.s. An oldie but goodie that has been my anthem this week: Let Heaven Shout

*If you are interested in supporting my work with Linden Tree Outreach, THANK YOU! You can donate one time gifts at Linden Tree GIVE or email lindentreeoutreach@gmail.com for a recurring payment form.  LindenTree Outreach is a recognized 501-C3 Non-Profit Organization in the state of California. Donors will receive a mailed receipt for tax purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment